[LAU] Looking for voice recording suggestions

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Dec 15 10:46:46 CET 2018

Dec 15 2018, hollundertee at gmx.net has written:
> Equipment wise I do have a Rode NT-1A
Very nice.
> My thought was r128gain to get a consistent volume and maybe apply a
> compressor or somesuch, sox compand maybe?
I may be biased here, but how about Ecasound, it can apply LADSPA, LV2
and it's own effects. If you get a fairly consistent recording, you may
use a GUI tool to find good settings for a nice EQ (maybe eq10q (or was
it eq10k?) or Fons' fil plugin (4-band parametric) and you'd have a
choice of compressors/limiters. You could then apply these on the
commandline. You may even try the speech denoiser LV2 (sdenoise) in your
chain to see if that gets rid of the reverb nicely.
Alternatively both LADSPA and LV2 have a dedicated commandline tool to
apply plugins to an audiofile.

HTH and good luck and much fun!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There must be another way
Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say - What a girl is to do <3
(Britney Spears)