[LAU] Still trying to record

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Dec 19 06:35:39 CET 2018

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 18:34:44 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>The UCA202 works just fine. But recording though the Presonus is
>awful. There is one difference, and I'll have to try it in morning ...
>using the UCA202 I have a mic connected to a mixer and the mixer is to
>the UCA202. Using the Presonus I have the mic directly into it. I'll
>see if putting a mixer in the chain changes things.

No, it will not change anything related to the issue, it only could
make a difference, if you would hear issues already when monitoring the
audio signal.

>Linux version 4.18.0-12-generic

The issue could be related to the load and real-time priorities when
recording audio. You could install
https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic-updates/linux-lowlatency
https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/rtirq-init
after installing rtirq-init in /etc/default/rtirq edit RTIRQ_NAME_LIST

RTIRQ_NAME_LIST="usb"

then restart the computer to test if this makes a difference.