[LAU] for sale: "vintage" RME interfaces

karl at aspodata.se karl at aspodata.se
Wed Dec 19 14:51:55 CET 2018

Paul Davis:
> It's bonanza time for anyone interested in some RME gear for use with
> "vintage" computers (defined as ones with a PCI bus. Yes, PCI. Not PCI(x)
> or PCI(e) or other later variant. Just PCI).
>
> What's available:
>
>      RME Hammerfall 9652
>            3x ADAT in/out
>            Daughterboard for word clock
>            Breakout cable for 9-pin Sony protocol & S/PDIF
>            Little-endian ROM chip installed, Big-endian enclosed
>
>     RME HDSP9652
>           3x ADAT in/out
>           (missing MIDI I/O breakout cable)
>
>     RME Digiface
>            half-height PCI card
>            External breakout box, 3x ADAT in/out, S/PDIF, MIDI, word clock
>            (nice long) Cable to connect
>
> Bonus:
>       PCMCIA card for digiface, with required cable
>       2 x ADAT cables

 Hello Paul, I have a:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T61p

and a PCMCIA card could suit me fine, but I don't know anything about
ADAT, and if I just need 4 mic or line in, and 4 line out, so this is
probably overkill, and I still need some analogue to ADAT converter.
 Is this something that would be recommended or should I get something
else ?

I record the local choirs and such.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar