[LAU] Trying to record!

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Dec 19 16:43:13 CET 2018

This looks odd:

On Tue, December 18, 2018 5:17 pm, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> In the pavucontrol program the audiobox shows and I select
>     Analog Stereo Output + Digital Stereo (IEC958) Input

Any idea why shows digital input and not analog stereo input?  I just
found a picture of a PreSonus Audiobox, appears pretty simple, no digital
input at all, at least on the external controls nothing to set sample
rate.  Only software controls for setting the sample rate I presume?

Check the sample rate setting of your recording software, and see if you
can find the info for that interface under /proc/asound to check the
currently in use sample rate of the device.  I don't know why it would be
incorrect, especially with PulseAudio disabled.  Pulse will use sample
rate conversion by default if an application opens a connection at a
different rate than the sample rate Pulse is using as default, but using
pasuspender to launch your audio applications would eliminated Pulse rate
mismatch as a problem.

--
Chris Caudle