[LAU] Trying to record!

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Thu Dec 20 19:13:41 CET 2018

Okay ... good news! Got it all working. And, even better ... I think I
might know what's going on (maybe not).

Hooked the same stuff up today. Presonus Audiobox USB  with 2 mic inputs,
microphone and phones. Now, this time I did one thing first: I turned the
inputs in pulse for the audiobox OFF. Then I launched  "pasuspender
audacity". Did a few tests and all works fine. Even changed the input from
44100 to 48000 and back a few times, worked fine on either setting
(assuming that Audacity sets the interface correctly?).

I think the key is to disable the pulse stuff and that a conflict between
the 2 was screwing things up. But, I *thought* that pasuspender was
supposed to do that?

Only one more issue is that I can't adjust the gain in audacity for the
mic. Seems to be a very low signal ... might have to run it though an amp
or mixer anyway, but amplifying it after recording seems to be fine.

Thanks for the suggestions!

**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca