[LAU] [Off topic] DIY Theremin

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 30 12:08:30 CET 2018

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 01:40:17 +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
>https://github.com/domichel/black_star_theremin

Congratulations Dominique,

that's a very nice project :), nice that you make the schematics public
domain.

I guess I tried to play Thermin a long time ago for less than a
minute ;). How long does it take to learn how to play it in a usable
manner?

Unfortunately playing a Thermin has got a learning curve, while playing
the Animoog via touch screen is easy to do and does sound almost the
same as a Thermine.

However, I like all kinds of synthesizer keyboard replacements that
could add some extra touch to the playing, that can't be done by a
keyboard. Unfortunately I'm not aware of Thermin antennas, guitar synth
and even something comparable to the Animoog touch screen thingy, that
is able to provide the data by MIDI out. The Animoog as well as the
Roland GR-55 guitar synth provide MIDI out, but the MIDI data does not
provide what you get while playing the Animoog with a finger or when
using the Roland GR-55's onboard synth.

Guten Rutsch!
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{,-securityink,-cornflower,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.20.arch1-1