[LAU] studio prep question.

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Feb 24 19:56:17 CET 2018

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:58:08 +0100, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>> No matter how well done a booth sounds like a booth :)

Well if you want the phone booth sound...

Yes the number of movies with someone out in a field sounding like they
are inside is way too high.

>> IMO, you solve some problems to create others.
>
> You are absolutely right! This is just for a sax player who want's to
> increase her free jazz abilities.

The sax player maybe wants one of these:
http://saxophone-mute.com/

There are some models that come complete with matching mics. Vocals are a
lot harder to deal with. Our ears made for listening to and understanding
voice more than anything and so are sensitive to oddities with voice. Our
brain probably (for most people) has more practice with voice that
anything else too.

... drumsets and battle pipes are a lost cause.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net