[LAU] studio prep question.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 25 20:11:55 CET 2018

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 19:48:48 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 14:26:54 +0100, Manuel Haible wrote:  
>>>This requires some calculation regarding structural analysis    
>>Unless you are living in a banana republic
>>- you need to hire a structural engineer
>>- you need to get a construction permit
>>In advanced civilisations it's not simply done by reading a few books
>>and/or Wikies and using a piece of jotting paper + a calculator.  
>I wonder if Karen's home is a rental flat or a freehold flat. However,
>Karen doesn't want to "damage the wall itself", so I asume Karen
>doesn't want to build a new building inside the room.
>Just isolating the walls gains less, since at least the joints of walls
>and the ceiling and especially the floor are week points.
                                              ^^^^ :D

In Germany we have the term "Trittschall" and there's a German Wiki
about this toppic available,
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trittschall :). There also is the term
"Trittschall" in German audio engineering, but this is completely
unrelated to this thread, just a description for a pass filter, where
"tritt" is for "impact", not necessarily a "footstep".

More information about the Linux-audio-user mailing list