[LAU] studio prep question.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 25 21:28:35 CET 2018

On Sun, 2018-02-25 at 15:07 -0500, jonetsu wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 19:48:48 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
> > Résumé:
> >
> > Just isolating the walls gains less, since at least the joints of
> > walls and the ceiling and especially the floor are week points.
>
> And, soundproofing, in and out, as it was demonstrated here, contains a
> lot of aspects and details asking for a very well defined set of needs
> and environment to start with since the costs can skyrocket easily.
>
> As for me I do not need any soundproofing.  The only thing I did is
> some loose acoustical treatment, like some 30x30cm foam panels on the
> wall that receives the output from the speakers, behind where I sit,
> and some more on the left wall close by as I turn to record acoustic
> guitar with the mics.

Actually you and I are guitarists and synths players, sometimes doing
freakish singing, too. With and without some foam, but by savoring good
neighbourhood, you and I are able to handle this issue, but this
unlikely is the kind of acoustic issue Karen want's to solve. Joking
apart, how about a piano?