[LAU] studio prep question.

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Feb 25 21:07:21 CET 2018

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 19:48:48 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Résumé:
>
> Just isolating the walls gains less, since at least the joints of
> walls and the ceiling and especially the floor are week points.

And, soundproofing, in and out, as it was demonstrated here, contains a
lot of aspects and details asking for a very well defined set of needs
and environment to start with since the costs can skyrocket easily.

As for me I do not need any soundproofing.  The only thing I did is
some loose acoustical treatment, like some 30x30cm foam panels on the
wall that receives the output from the speakers, behind where I sit,
and some more on the left wall close by as I turn to record acoustic
guitar with the mics.