[LAU] [Music] A Case of Kaese Part Deux : Planet Gorgonzola

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Jan 3 17:52:54 UTC 2018

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 17:14:47 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> As a technical achievement I prefer the new version, as a piece of
> art, eliciting an immediate emotional response, I prefer the first
> version. The association with gorgonzola is more present. :)

How true this is.  I'm afraid though that at this time I do not yet
know how to mix when a track has a background noise, which was the case
of the previous drums eg. a LP-needle-scratching background.  I tried
but the result, with the additional sound treatment by normalization
and soundcloud, made it muddy.  It would have been nice to preserve the
gorgonzola while not clearing up the mud but to make it crisper,
fresher.  But then, fine cheeses have to be kept at room temperature.

Nevertheless, I will try next time around.  There should be a way.

> my first response I forgot to mention the nice patch with the
> randomised pitch/parameters, in the latter sections. I lovely touch.
> It shouts SYNTH! to me, on an almost subconscious level, more than
> any of the other sounds. Very enjoyable detail!

Would that be what I would call the telephone 'touch-tones' notes
in the section before the ending ?

Cheers.