[LAU] Christmas present for self.

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Thu Jan 4 09:17:54 UTC 2018

On 12/31/2017 05:51 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 18:05:46 +0100
> Thomas Poulsen <thomas at lha66.dk> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Dec 2017, Will Godfrey wrote:
>>
>>> /I'm thinking of getting a new 'pooter for music, and also thinking of
>> making />/it one of the new Ryzen ones. I don't think there is much point in going
>> for />/more than quad core. The 1500X looks like a good bet 3.5 to 3.7G, and not />/overly expensive. /What did you end up buying?
>>
>> Happy New Year!
>> Thomas
>
> I still don't have it yet!
> It will be built to order during January. Definitely will be a Ryzen. Soundcard
> etc. yet to be finalised - depending on piggy bank contents :)

I wonder how much impact the KAISER patches to mitigate Meltdown will
have on Intel CPU's in a Linux audio context. If those patches have a
significant impact I'd surely go for AMD. And performance impact aside,
the way Intel tries to find its way out of this mess doesn't really
deserve a prize....

Best,

Jeremy