[LAU] [Music]: Not That Innocent (instrumental)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Jan 5 23:48:02 UTC 2018

Hey hey,
a raunchy, if slightly dated, song to get the year started:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/not_that_innocent-instrumental.mp3
http://juliencoder.de/nama/not_that_innocent-instrumental.ogg

This song has been around for a while, and yet is still unfinished. I just
can't perform the vocals for it. This is the second song from the project "The
essence of". The intention is to condense and extract all kinds of elements
from certain songs and mix them into small "essential" songs, capturing the
heart and soul of particular subgenres or song types. This is a very personal
undertaking.

Though, I believe that this piece is a very loud and obvious curtsey. I leave
it to you to find out at whose shrine I've been revelling. :)

For the techs: used synths included fluidsynth (electric bass), LinuxSampler
(Rhodes, FX), Yoshimi (one choir) and Ecasound/Nama/Csound for sampling and
processing the FX. It got really physical. :) The hardware wouldn't be of
particular interest here, unless anyone is curious,...
Recording: Midish for all MIDI tracks (all except one instrument), Nama for
recording, processing, mixing and mastering and lots of LADSPA/LV2 effects,
including - but not limited to -: TAP plugins (limiter, stereo echo/delay,
- possibly some tube saturation), Invada (compressor), FIL plugin
(Fons Adriaensen's parametric 4-band EQ), G2Reverb, CAPS (chorus, plate
reverb, probably amp simulation) and lots of GLAME high- and lowpass
filtering. :)

I hope you enjoy and look forward to any feedback.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

And when you say those words
It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard <3
(Britney Spears)