[LAU] Looking for AMD motherboard with PCI slot

Ivan K ivan_521521 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 03:16:32 UTC 2018

After 10 years with my ASUS M2N-E motherboard
and my AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 2.5 Ghz, I feel the
need to upgrade.

In the past, I have preferred AMD processors as they
are just less expensive than Intel, and my preference
existed before the meltdown/spectre flaws of recent
news.

I would like to continue to use my  M-Audio 2496
PCI card, hence the need for a PCI slot.

-----
I did follow the "Christmas present for self"
thread on this list.
-----

The two motherboards I am considering both have the
AM4 socket, that is, they accommodate the AMD RYZEN
processor.  Those motherboards:

(1) ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS MB
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350-PLUS/specifications/

It does have integrated graphics processor, though.  Does anyone
have an opinion about the onboard AMD Radeon R Series Graphics ?

(2) Gigabyte GA-A320-DS3
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320-DS3-rev-10#kf

This one also has integrated graphics, which is called
"2-Way CrossFire™ Multi-Graphics Support"

I suppose if the onboard graphics do not work out I
could go with a PCI-express graphics card.

And then, for a processor, I was thinking of going with
the AMD RYZEN 3 1200 4-Core 3.1 GHz.
Yes, it is is not as fast and has fewer cores
than RYZEN 7, but it is only $110 US.  For $220 US,
I could go with a RYZEN 5 six core though.

Has anybody any opinions on this hardware?

Thank you for your help.