[LAU] [Music]: Not That Innocent (instrumental)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 6 03:27:42 UTC 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 19:58:26 -0500, jonetsu wrote:
>However, if you come across a very good synth lead sound that could
>substitute fro a lead vocal let me know.  I'm looking for such.
>Despite the soundsets I have, I think it lies outside of the sound
>generatino itself and into modulations.

Outside the Linux universe virtual synth provide e.g. choir sounds that
change the sample each time you touch a key, so if you e.g. touch the
c3 key two times by the same velocity, you still would get different
vocal modulations. The first sample might be an aaa and the second an
ooo. To some extent this works quite good for a choir pad, but it
doesn't work always as wanted, let alone that this trick won't work for
a lead sound at all. The really good solutions are much to unintuitive
to use for a musician. You could type lyrics using the qwerty keyboard,
then mark words or syllables of the words in the order they should be
used, each time you push a key on the musical instrument keyboard.