[LAU] [Music]: Not That Innocent (instrumental)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 6 10:24:08 UTC 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 23:12:08 -0500, jonetsu wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 22:05:38 -0500
>Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
>> ​he's the most successful/popular song writer of the last, oh, 15
>> years or so.​
>
>Figures, I do not listen to these songs.
>
>What matters to me is this.  "We should never get habits in music" -
>from the recently released documentary film on Magma.  Now 48 years old
>on stage.
>
>That and the Wavedrum technology from Standford university.
>
>Trailer:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A10BboLb6GQ
>
>OTOH, get that Max Martin guy take care of the some 55 no-go zones in
>Sweden.

It says much about the people listening to chart music. Max Martins
compositions aren't bad, but since they are only from one composer,
they are exactly this, biased by the nature of one composer.

Many German TV documentation films are using music from Klangraum,
seemingly made by one composer, who other than Max Martin, seems to be
not musically gifted at all. One day I watched a documentation about
America, chords banjo, lead a tribal flute. If I watch any other
documentation, maybe about kois in Fukushima, nearly the same tune is
played by a koto instead of a tribal flute with more or less the same
phrasing, perhaps one or two notes are different, the backing than
likely is not played by a picked banjo, but nearly the same chords
played by a pad sound. Apart from the music those documentations are
very good, but I can't watch them anymore, because the music is that
bad composed and penetrating used by the film makers. Indeed it's not
just the fault of the composer, I've seen a documentation about
the Balkan with a theme that was ok, but repeated again and again and
again and again and again and ... the content ofthe theme could be
described as "wistfully". Even if the tune would change, a several
hours long documentation with music just representing one mood is
penetrating.

The "new" old fashion to use backwards played samples and crackle for
documentations isn't better. They avoid tunes, but instead repeat
backwards played samples and crackles.

Back to Max Martin and the chart music. I can't stand chart music
not because it's simple music, actually I prefer simple music over
overly intellectual music, let alone "artistry" (art sports) music, I
don't call it virtuous, because it isn't virtuous in a musically
sense. I can't stand chart music, because it's all the same. Btw. I
didn't know the name "Max Martins", too.