[LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

Mac ussndmac at charter.net
Mon Jan 8 17:33:01 UTC 2018

Probably just to add to the confusion, I admit to not having followed this
thread in detail and this comment may be totally superfluous...I'll throw
this out there:

I found when I was using AVLinux that it was a really stable and great for
upgrading when the time came. And the RT kernel it uses was great even on
slower PC's.

(Full disclosure: I use Ubuntu Studio almost exclusively at the moment.
Nothing against AVL, just switched temporarily a while back and haven't
gotten around to going back.)

http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/