[LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Mon Jan 8 23:36:11 UTC 2018

On 12/12/2017 05:18 AM, john gibby wrote:
> I'm kind of afraid to ask, but what do y'all think of AV Linux?  It is
> more like an "appliance" than a distribution.  Pluses and minuses for
> that, I guess.  There are no security updates; you just use what you
> got (and hope for the best), until you install a new version. I get
> the new version every year or 2.  I keep a detailed list of steps and
> file backups, for how to re-configure a new version for my audio/piano
> system.  It gives me low latency and good performance, out of the box.
> http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/
I have used it and liked it.  I don't use it for my own production work
simply because I need the environment as lean and simple as possible, I
don't have use for most of what AV Linux gives.  If I did, I would go
there very quickly and immediately, a huge amount of work is pre-done in
that image.

J.E.B.