[LAU] Example setup for zita-njbridge in multicast mode?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Jan 9 16:35:18 UTC 2018

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:

> Do you have a working zita-njbridge triplet of command lines (one n2j, two j2n)
> proven to run in multicast mode, which you might share?

Multicast is not what you are trying to do.

> I'd like to study a working example, to compare to my special case, where I'm
> running them all in one machine, with three separate JACK servers, only the first
> one being connected to real hardware.
>
> I have zita-njbridge working just fine in one-to-one mode, but if I try the
> following triplet (SOFT1 and SOFT2 are additional JACK servers):
>
> zita-n2j 239.255.0.10 55555 enp0s25
> zita-j2n --jserv SOFT1 239.255.0.10 55555 enp0s25
> zita-j2n --jserv SOFT2 239.255.0.10 55555 enp0s25

I am not sure how either of the two zita-j2n lines are working, the
--jserv * assume you have three copies of jack running on the same
machine. the first line is a receive line (net 2 jack) that takes net at
port 55555 and shows up as a capture jack port(s) on the default jackd
server. I would think it will only talk to one or the other of the senders
below. The network interface is not capable of mixing two signals as you
are showing.

I think you want the first line to be the sender so zita-j2n and the rest
of the line looks right.
The second two would be zita-n2j

--
Len Ovens