[LAU] How to get started writing a JACK app? (also what distro for BeagleBone)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jan 10 04:54:43 UTC 2018

As Benoit suggested, there are plugin APIs on Linux too (both LV2 and
LinuxVST). If you would write an AU for MacOS, you could write a plugin on
Linux too. There are plentiful hosts, some of them extremely lightweight
(i.e. they don't really do anything themselves).

Normal JACK clients introduce a tiny amount of overhead and add no latency
whatsoever. It is quite common (unfortunately in my view these days) to
implement things as JACK clients (i.e. standalone programs) on Linux,
rather than as plugins (though this changing).