[LAU] AMD graphics card

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Jan 12 13:48:04 UTC 2018

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 09:10:36 +0000
Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 09:09:26 +0100
>Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
>
>>On 01/11/2018 05:53 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
>>> Yes, they aren't exactly hurrying :)
>>> Thanks for helping out - very much appreciated.
>>
>>I thought testing was on 4.14?
>>https://packages.debian.org/buster/linux-image-amd64
>>
>>Jeremy
>>
>Hmmm...
>nano /etc/apt/sources.list
>
>Oops, I must have fixed it to stretch when that became the release version (and
>forgotten about it).
>
>I usually do that for the transition as the next testing tends to be a bit
>flaky at first.
>
>I'll try upgrading on my 'office' machine to see if it's stable.

Well, that went rather well... almost too well. I have a number of test files
specially selected that always produce a sprinkling of Xruns when running with
2mS latency. Well not any more! Just one of them produces a measly 3.
It's a hard life {sigh}

So, I'm now on kernel 14.4.7 :)

I notice it seems to also be defaulting to using GCC7 - we seem to be getting
far more updates of this in recent years!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk