[LAU] rtl-sdr ?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Jan 19 18:42:28 UTC 2018

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone here have experience with rtl-sdr, ideally on Fedora ? I'll
> receive my hardware tomorrow, I'd like to get up & running asap, so any tips
> would be much appreciated.
>
> I'm on Fedora 23, and I already know about http://rtlsdr.org/ and
> http://www.rtlsdr.com/.
>
> Btw, I'm interested in this stuff because of a relevant module for VCV-Rack
> (and because it looks like fun).
>
> Best,
>
> dp
  I picked one up at the Dayton Hamvention last spring.  I've been using it with
Spektrum, osdr, and rtlamr under android and Ubuntu with some success.  I've not
seen any output yet that I would consider reliable enough for 'production'
implementation.  It's a nice cheap tool for initial survey and proof-of-concept
use.

--
Rick Green

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
  Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
  that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
                        entitled to constitutional rights.

 			http://www.MoveToAmend.org