[LAU] rtl-sdr ?

Tracey traceyanne at sonic.net
Sat Jan 20 12:02:46 UTC 2018

> Does anyone here have experience with rtl-sdr, ideally on Fedora ? I'll
> receive my hardware tomorrow, I'd like to get up & running asap, so any
> tips would be much appreciated.

I'm using the latest Fedora, which has most of the SDR stuff pre-built.
I ordered one of the $20 dongles a while back and found it to be a lot of fun.
Listened to the local FM stations(sounded quite good), and  hams talking
on the 400Mhz bands.
The one thing I've noticed the most; is that I need some good outdoor
antennas if I really want to explore things with it.
I also used it to find clear spots in the 900Mhz bands
for some of the cheap HopeRF modules I've been playing with.

Anyway, have fun !