[LAU] How to automatically start zita-j2a/a2j with jack?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Jul 8 14:40:09 CEST 2018

On 07/08/2018 01:42 PM, Steven Kruyswijk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For a sound playback system I'm putting together, based on a Raspberry Pi 3,
> I'm looking to have 4 channels of input and output, and to have the system
> to run automatically at startup.

Is there a reason why you do want the external clients instead of using
jack1's built-in version of zita-ajbridge?

  jackd \
    -I CARDNAME:zalsa_out/-dhw:CARD \
    -I CARDNAME:zalsa_in/-dhw:CARD  \
    -dalsa  ...

In your case try something like

 jackd -I alsa-playback:zalsa_in/-dhw:CODEC_1 -dalsa -dhw:PCH -r48000
-p1024 -n2

If you do need qjackctl, you can pass the additional parameters using
the advanced server-prefix config.

[...]

> qjackctl (with auto-start)
> sleep 10

as a side-note, there's  `jack_wait`  which can sleep until jack becomes
available. It comes with jackd, and is much nicer than sleep.

Cheers!
robin