[LAU] How to automatically start zita-j2a/a2j with jack?

Steven Kruyswijk stevenkruyswijk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:48:51 CEST 2018

Alright I've decided to give the RPi/Linux/Jack route another try... I have
to say my progress is pretty slow though... the Mac Mini route still looks
very enticing. Right now, I'm trying to understand this suggested line:

jackd -I alsa-playback:zalsa_in/-dhw:CODEC_1 -dalsa -dhw:PCH -r48000 -p1024
-n2

When I look up the man page for jackd at
https://manpages.debian.org/testing/jackd1/jackd.1.en.html, this is the
explanation for the -I parameter:

/-I, --internal-client client-spec

Load client-name as an internal client. May be used multiple times. The form
of client-spec can be any of the following:

client-path

client-name:client-path

client-name:client-path/init-string

client-path/init-string

The first form will cause jackd to attempt to load the client from a shared
object named "client-path" with appropriate suffixes appended. If
"client-path" is absolute, jackd will use that (adding a platform
appropriate suffix for a shared object). If it is not absolute, jackd will
look for "client-path" (with an appropriate suffix) in the same location
that drivers and other JACK add-ons are located.

The second form provides "client-name" as the desired name for the client
once loaded, in addition to the "client-path".

The third form provides an "init-string" in addition to a client name and
path, which will be passed to the client's initialization function.

The final form does not specify the client name, but does include the path
to the client's shared object file and an initializations string.

When invoking JACK from the shell, remember to quote the argument to -I if
it includes spaces.
 /

which I find really hard to relate to /alsa-playback:zalsa_in/-dhw:CODEC_1/

Also, I have been unsuccesful in instantiating zita-j2a by running a script
from qjackctl, even when executing that script manually does work.

Can anyone please point me to a page where I can learn more about how to
make a setup where Pure Data runs automatically after boot, connecting to
more than one audio interface?

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html