[LAU] Joining DTS audio from split files

Arve Barsnes arve.barsnes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:40:18 CEST 2018

On 12 July 2018 at 22:26, Bearcat M. Şándor <bearcatsandor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I have a set of 3 vob files that contain dts audio. There is no 'chapter'
> info in these files. There should be multiple break points, but the person
> that made them just made 3 files of reasonable length.  What i'd like to do
> is join them and then resplit them where the breaks should be. My eventual
> aim is to turn them in to wavpack files.

Probably depends on how they're made, but often you can just cat vob
files together.

cat file1.vob file2.vob file3.vob > longfile.vob

Check with ffprobe what format the audio is in, like ac3, and extract it with:

ffmpeg -i longfile.vob -vn -c:a copy longaudio.ac3
ffmpeg -i longaudio.ac3 longaudio.wav

Cheers,
Arve