[LAU] How to automatically start zita-j2a/a2j with jack?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Sat Jul 14 14:24:53 CEST 2018

Greetings, Steven.  Ditto the thanks to Paul and everyone else who
builds!  I thought you might find useful, some of the command line bits
I'm using in my production build:

https://github.com/ponderworthy/the-box-of-no-return

I start it off using Bash and then call Python to call everything else,
I found it a bit easier to keep everything in line that way.

J.E.B.

On 07/12/2018 05:04 PM, Steven Kruyswijk wrote:
> Thanks Paul, and thanks in general for your work in developing Jack, much
> appreciated.
>
> Your comments will be very useful I'm sure if or when I get to working with
> jack from the command line. For now I've been able to sort out my challenge
> with the following:
>
> It turns out that the script that I used to invoke zita-j2a, needed the
> aforementioned (but in a slightly different context) ampersand; this script
> now works, from within the qjackctl preferences:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> zita-j2a -d hw:CODEC_1 &
>
> Also, I've figured out how to instantiate pure data (or purr data, actually)
> with the right audio output settings from this same script. And I've figured
> out how to make the connections in qjackctl persistent, and how to execute
> qjackctl each time the OS starts - which satisfies my request for a 'Pd at
> boot system'.
>
> I guess you may have interpreted that last goal as a completely minimal
> Pd-only setup, which makes me think of Geert Bevin's Erpiam project, which I
> would like to check out some time eventually.
>
> Thanks again!
>

> --
> Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com <mailto:jeb at ponderworthy.com>