[LAU] How to automatically start zita-j2a/a2j with jack?

Steven Kruyswijk stevenkruyswijk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 00:04:22 CEST 2018

Thanks Paul, and thanks in general for your work in developing Jack, much
appreciated.

Your comments will be very useful I'm sure if or when I get to working with
jack from the command line. For now I've been able to sort out my challenge
with the following:

It turns out that the script that I used to invoke zita-j2a, needed the
aforementioned (but in a slightly different context) ampersand; this script
now works, from within the qjackctl preferences:

#!/bin/bash
zita-j2a -d hw:CODEC_1 &

Also, I've figured out how to instantiate pure data (or purr data, actually)
with the right audio output settings from this same script. And I've figured
out how to make the connections in qjackctl persistent, and how to execute
qjackctl each time the OS starts - which satisfies my request for a 'Pd at
boot system'.

I guess you may have interpreted that last goal as a completely minimal
Pd-only setup, which makes me think of Geert Bevin's Erpiam project, which I
would like to check out some time eventually.

Thanks again!

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html