[LAU] Are there benefits to running a USB 2.0 audio interface on a newer version port?

Christopher Obbard chris at 64studio.com
Tue Jul 17 08:25:48 CEST 2018

Hi,
It may just be the USB3 port has lower resistance wiring to it inside the
motherboard allowing for less voltage drop, but I’d have thought the
overall difference would be negligible.

It may be a wise idea to make sure the USB cable is of good quality, isn’t
too long and has thick power wires.

Cheers!

Chris