[LAU] reducing xruns (System configuration)

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jul 18 20:14:29 CEST 2018

On Wed, July 18, 2018 12:27 pm, Max wrote:
> On 18.07.2018 18:49, Jeanette C. wrote:
>> If you're using JACK, check the periods and buffersize. Perhaps it's a
>> little low.
>
> It is.. :)

How low?  There is  quite a bit of variation in how low you can go with
USB devices, some run down to very low buffer sizes, some do not. Some
work fine with 2 buffers per period, some require 3 buffers per period to
run reliably.
Same with standard vs. low latency vs. RT kernels, with 1024 sample buffer
size you can run OK with a standard kernel.  With 32 sample buffer size
(0.7ms) you will be unlikely (/understatement) to run reliably with a
standard kernel.

There have been multiple reports of WiFi drivers causing long delays in
scheduling, I noticed in your lspci output that there is a WiFi device in
your system.  Try disabling that adapter (you will have to use google,
duck duck, etc. to find out how, I do not know how to make sure it is
completely turned off).

-- Chris Caudle