[LAU] reducing xruns (System configuration)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jul 18 20:44:45 CEST 2018

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 13:14:29 -0500, Chris Caudle wrote:
>On Wed, July 18, 2018 12:27 pm, Max wrote:
>> On 18.07.2018 18:49, Jeanette C. wrote:
>>> If you're using JACK, check the periods and buffersize. Perhaps
>>> it's a little low.
>>
>> It is.. :)
>
>How low?  There is  quite a bit of variation in how low you can go with
>USB devices, some run down to very low buffer sizes, some do not.

As already pointed out by a previous message, we don't know if the USB
audio interface has got rt priority. Or did I miss this information when
I skim through the long and mostly irrelevant output?

There are many pitfalls, but we should start with the most likely
pitfalls. To use jack with what ever low or not low settings, it's
first important to ensure, that the USB ports have got a reasonable
rt priority.