[LAU] reducing xruns (System configuration)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jul 19 23:24:56 CEST 2018

On Thu, 2018-07-19 at 22:44 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> You are babbling. [snip]
>
> A lot of people get setups like that to work without rtirq .

Hi,

the OP on Wed, 2018-07-18 at 21:28 +0200 wrote "64 buffer size at 48kHz
2 Periods/Buffer" and the OP on Thu, 2018-07-19 at 14:32 +0200 wrote
"Bus 003 Device 002: ID 08bb:29c2 Texas Instruments PCM2902C Audio CODEC".

I'm not aware that a lot of people got this to work at all.

Is there any evidence for your claim? Perhaps a link to one of those lot
of people who get a setup like this right without rt priority for the
USB device? Such a link would be very helpful for the OP.

I try to help and as far as I know, there are not a lot of people who
get this to work at all.

Btw. if you reply to me, I don't receive a duplicated mail from the
mailing list, since I dislike receiving two times the same email. IOW
there will be no mailing list header in your replies to me. It's common
practise, part of netiquette, to reply to mailing lists only, as long as
it's not an open mailing list or as long as not a group of developers
should take attention to a mail, to a developers mailing list. While
this could happen by accident, you are doing it with intent again and
again. I don't care about your continuously derogatory tone of voice,
but its annoying when you continuously break mailing list headers. Plese
reply to the mailing list only.

Regards,
Ralf