[LAU] AVL2018 first impressions

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Jul 22 17:58:52 CEST 2018

Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> writes:

> On 07/22/2018 04:48 PM, Dale Powell wrote:
>
>> Doesn't prompt for locale settings on install and there is no
>> language and locale in the Settings.
>
> I'll argue that this is a feature. If it is music production that you
> are after, learn some basic English. That helps across the board.

Including U.S. keyboard layout?  While I'll admit that I am used to it
since my ADM-3A years, I consider it sort-of extreme to prescribe that
as a choice.  It's usually annoying enough for people that BIOS setup
screens come before keyboard layout selection, but for a whole work
session that seems a bit extreme.

--
David Kastrup