[LAU] AVL2018 first impressions

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jul 22 18:02:27 CEST 2018

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 15:51:03 +0000, Dale Powell wrote:
>Plus no matter what your language you're still going to want to type
>track names etc with the keys on your keyboard where you expect them
>to be!

Indeed, Robin missed this.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ locale
LANG=en_US.utf8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL=

However, my keyboard for good reasons is a German keyboard.

So as already pointed out by my previous mails (just the second came
through the list, but the first mail is quoted by the second), as soon
as you correct the keyboard layout for your user session, the password
most likely will work everywhere.