[LAU] A Resonance Of Clouds [music from the Rack]

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Jul 30 01:08:58 CEST 2018

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 00:51:22 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 18:05:49 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYngev6RB_U

> I fight against a tinnitus by a cortisone treatment to get rid of such
> noise. Are there people out there who enjoy listening to this kind of
> sound? This is the disgusting kind of sound used for boring
> documentations, done by young people, who only just finished film
> academy and started working for television.

It wouldn't be surprising that it's also used by dictatorial regimes
and the CIA, showing commonalities in application.

> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiLdYLklS0U
>
> This is nice music :), however it could be done with non-modular
> synth, too.

Maybe the arrangement of sounds and modulations in this piece
might have been facilitated by all of them happening at the same time
using a unified interface.

A bit perhaps like having 5 non-modular synths with a set of
modulation-capable macros addressing several parameters on each.

One thing with non-modular synths is that they would offer a much, much
wider range of sounds.

So the idea then would be to provide a unified modulation interface that
can work with several non-modular synths while these synths themselves
would be driven by a sequencer that also can be finely modulated.