[LAU] A Resonance Of Clouds [music from the Rack]

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jul 30 00:51:22 CEST 2018

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 18:05:49 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYngev6RB_U

I fight against a tinnitus by a cortisone treatment to get rid of such
noise. Are there people out there who enjoy listening to this kind of
sound? This is the disgusting kind of sound used for boring
documentations, done by young people, who only just finished film
academy and started working for television.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiLdYLklS0U

This is nice music :), however it could be done with non-modular synth,
too. Nowadays we get emulations of good vintage synth, that are very
close to the original synth, but they usually provide additional
features the original synth do not have, such as joystick alike
touchscreen widgets to fade from one sound into another or to access
resonance as well as cutoff by a finger move. Sure, non-modular synths
are limited, but if one non-modular synth shouldn't provide the desired
matrix, another for sure does.

IMO it's much too time consuming to use very complex modular synth
emulations. A real modular synth might be something lese, since haptic
is involved, since seeing real cables and sockets in 3D is less
confusing than a graphic.

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 06:54:52 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1H-i4j4QAs

Well done :).