[LAU] A Resonance Of Clouds [music from the Rack]

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Jul 30 11:17:36 CEST 2018

Hi Tim !

On 07/30/2018 04:48 AM, Tim Goetze wrote:
> [Dave Phillips]
>> https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/vosim-dream-sequence-ii
> i have to admit that musically, i find this piece much more
> interesting than the thread-starting piece

It's far more a constructed piece, so its dramatic intention and
internal logic is considerably deeper. The thread-starter is more
process than piece.

> (which in itself is totally
> agreeable in the same way that a factual statement about the blueness
> of the sky today would be).

In my least generous moments I think of it in the same sense as
Stravinsky's remarks about Boulez's Pli Selon Pli: "Pretty monotonous
and monotonously pretty".

Thanks for lending your ears and commentary, Tim. Always appreciated. :)

Best regards,

dp