[LAU] A Resonance Of Clouds [music from the Rack]

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Jul 30 14:52:10 CEST 2018

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 22:53:21 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> re: Csound et al for a similar purpose:

> > So far I do not have the impression that the three aforementioned
> > can have the same quality of flowing rich and varied output as what
> > we here from Dave's setup.  What I heard is more on the dry side of
> > things.

> There's this:
>
> https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/vosim-dream-sequence-ii

This is quite different.  It is dark and unsettling.  Many elements in
it makes it sombre and not enjoyable on the same level.

2:03 buzzing sound introduced
2:23 unsettling harmonies
3:11 - 3:18 dark moods

As such that piece is not richly flowing and varied as the piece at the
start of the thread which is largely bright, with an array of colourful
elements weaved in and out.

Taking the mood aside I would still say that for comparison sake, the
Csound piece is effectively more on the dry side of things.  As if
there was not an easy access to trigger up a variety of different
sound sources.  But then, it might just be the piece.

Cheers.