[LAU] Is there a LAU music directory?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Jun 1 16:22:29 CEST 2018

jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> writes:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2018 16:01:31 +0200
> David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> writes:

>> > Well then (my mistake) the contribution OF Linux is easy to define:
>> > it powers up everything, renders active and oversees every
>> > component that are used in making music, from the hardware
>> > interface through the audio subsystem and in many cases although
>> > certainly not exclusively with software that's made to run on Linux
>> > only.
>
>> Last time I looked, someone needed to sing and play an instrument,
>> too.
>
> I am very sorry, I do not get the meaning of your reply.

Linux does not power up everything, renders active and oversees every
component that is used in making music for me.  I power my instruments
and my voice using calories acquired in food stores.  I don't call my
music "vegetarian" music even though this can be considered a facet of
how I choose to derive the mechanical power needed for running those
instruments.  But it does not really find a reflection in the music I
actually produce.  I mean sure, I don't spit blood and bones on the
microphone but few people do that, and few people sing in front of a
blue screen.

--
David Kastrup