[LAU] Is there a LAU music directory?

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Fri Jun 1 16:52:12 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 01, 2018 at 04:22:29PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Linux does not power up everything, renders active and oversees every
> component that is used in making music for me.  I power my instruments
> and my voice using calories acquired in food stores.  I don't call my
> music "vegetarian" music even though this can be considered a facet of
> how I choose to derive the mechanical power needed for running those
> instruments.  But it does not really find a reflection in the music I
> actually produce.  I mean sure, I don't spit blood and bones on the
> microphone but few people do that, and few people sing in front of a
> blue screen.

This thread gives fuel to the maladapted GNU/Linux user stereotype.

Come on, Philipp asked a question on how to find a specific subset of
music (from the wiki link "at this page you can find music made with
Linux and information about musicians who use Linux for their
music composing and production."), it pains me to see the obsessive
length we're *not* to answer this question.
I suggest we try to be more considerate before $listmaster forces us
to do so.

Philipp,
    regarding your question, usually communities are built around
*tools*, so search for well known open source music software and dive
in, e.g.:

    https://lmms.io/competitions/
    http://abcnotation.com/browseTunes

Good luck with your hunt!