[LAU] Is there a LAU music directory?

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sat Jun 2 01:27:20 CEST 2018

On 05/25/2018 04:45 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
> <hollundertee at gmx.net> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there some way to find music made on Linux other than to go through
>> this mailinglist?
>> I found
>> https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/categories/music_made_with_linux but
>> that seems to list only a fraction of what must be out there.
>
> What does "made on Linux" even mean?  If I record stuff with brand
> microphones and a brand video camera on an acoustic instrument without
> editing and/or EQ, where is the contribution of Linux?  Synchronizing
> video and audio by hand in a video editor that's available
> cross-platform anyway?
>
> I mean, the contribution of Linux to the end product is not there.
> Putting up the name of the video editor would make more sense.  "Music
> produced on Hohner" or "music produced on Bechstein" would be more
> related to the end product.  And "music placed under CC$x" would be more
> relevant for the freedom fanatic.
>
> And for the music lover, "transcoded into crap by [insert video
> platform]" is likely the most relevant category.

Hm, I would rephrase that "made *with* Linux".
If Linux is involved in any part of the production,
  then it's made with Linux.
Even if it's just to use one audio plugin, or a transcoder,
  or a resampler or something, it's still made with Linux, right?

I managed to make two complete CDs using nothing but MusE
  (of course) and LADSPA plugins, even for the guitar distortion -
  the most important part of the chain, without my pro-effects unit.
That would be "made *on* Linux" for sure, eh?

Cheers.
Tim.
The MusE team.