[LAU] Is there a LAU music directory?

Dominique Michel dominique.c.michel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 09:48:08 CEST 2018

Le Fri, 1 Jun 2018 19:27:20 -0400,
Tim <termtech at rogers.com> a écrit :

> > I mean, the contribution of Linux to the end product is not there.
> > Putting up the name of the video editor would make more sense.
> > "Music produced on Hohner" or "music produced on Bechstein" would
> > be more related to the end product.  And "music placed under CC$x"
> > would be more relevant for the freedom fanatic.
> >
> > And for the music lover, "transcoded into crap by [insert video
> > platform]" is likely the most relevant category.
> >

> Hm, I would rephrase that "made *with* Linux".
> If Linux is involved in any part of the production,
>   then it's made with Linux.
> Even if it's just to use one audio plugin, or a transcoder,
>   or a resampler or something, it's still made with Linux, right?

For me, I would say the most important part of making music is
playing some musical instrument and the lyrics I will sing on
it. It is also the funniest part.

The work to arrange the audio with ardour and eventually the video with
cinelerra is quite boring and time consuming (especially when making a
video). That imply I just don't understand how people can be happy
making electronic music (just joking here because it is a lot of
electronic music I like). For me making music is like making love, it
is so much more fun when I can put my hands on than when its virtual.

So so. In my case I would say made with a Framus classical guitar,
cuban maracas and my voice, recorded with a Zomm H4 and arranged with
Ardour on a GNU/linux laptop, but certainly not made with linux.

Cheers,
Dominique

--
If you have a problem and you are not doing anything to fix it, you are
at the heart of the problem.