[LAU] Some disturbing news

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Sun Jun 3 22:28:27 CEST 2018

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, at 21:08, David Kastrup wrote:
> Because there is a difference between warning people of a danger

I'm proposing that it is not a danger, but a potential opportunity -- to get rid of Github.

If that doesn't strike you as a good idea, then why not?

I'm being provocative of course. I use Github and I do somewhat agree that it's a good and useful service, and that Microsoft taking it over would be in some way alarming. But why? Github is just another company providing an addictive commercially-motivated service. Why should a free-software idealist argue to protect it?

Chris