[LAU] Some disturbing news

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:10:02 CEST 2018

David,

"I don't see that you have a more convincing basis for your own decry of
abstracting a moral position into the definition of software freedoms."

Not entirely sure I understand what you're saying here, but I have written
a 70 page basis for disagreeing with Stallman.

I know it is an investment, especially if you feel strongly about the
issue. But at the very least you can appreciate that I tried to offer a
convincing basis.

You also say that the principles have either to be agreed with or not and
that they cannot be proven. I completely disagree with that. I don't view
ethics as dogma. I am a proponent of ethics derived from reason. This could
be the biggest disagreement, and, in fact, a key disagreement we might have.

As for the rest of the things that you've written, like that I don't want
to improve the world and so on, you have made it very clear throughout this
discussion that you don't want to treat me in a charitable way and instead
just strawman most if not all I write. So, excuse me if I will not reply to
your comments from now on. I am not offended or anything, I just don't see
our conversations exploring interesting directions.

--
Louigi Verona
https://www.patreon.com/droning