[LAU] Some disturbing news

Thorsten Wilms self at thorstenwilms.com
Tue Jun 5 09:34:28 CEST 2018

On 05.06.2018 03:42, Tim wrote:

> This week must be one of the largest migrations of git projects.
> SourceForge (who?) is open for business again, the new owners
>   got to work and removed all the crap that doomed it.
> They want you... again. They want to re-earn your trust.

I just went to download a Guitarix tarball from SourceForge. I had to
allow Javascript, 1 XHR and 1 frame, then was greeted by a "We value
your privacy" overlay. Well, at least the download worked even after
clicking "I do not accept". It's a free service, but that kind of
bullshit doesn't help anyone.