[LAU] Jack & pulse...knickers in a twist.

Mac ussndmac at charter.net
Sun Jun 3 15:20:59 CEST 2018

Hi,

Long story short, I am messing with my audio on a UbuntuStudio 16.04 laptop.

I had it setup to use XUSB from my X32...

I want to do some work without the X32, so I said, self, just fire up
Qjackctl and set it back so the config with a Pulse sink/source and the
system output is going to the local hardware.

Except, the default config has been lost. After some messing around, I get
the pulse source/sink, but audio is not routed to the local speakers (this
is a laptop).

Patchage shows the pulse sink connected to system/playback and if I play
audio from an app (for example clementine) configured to the pulse sink, it
shows signal in the Output Devices tab in volume control on the pulse sink.

Basically, as far as I can tell, I've managed to screw up my audio config
on this PC.

I admit the sound configuration on linux has been my nemesis for years...

After much googling and reading until eyes are blurry...I could use some
ideas on what to look at or how to figure out what I f'd up.

:(

Regards,
Mac