[LAU] Ubuntustudio and frequency scaling

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Thu Jun 7 17:54:48 CEST 2018

On Thu, June 7, 2018 10:41 am, Mac wrote:
> After some googling it appears UBS doesn't ship with any of the typical
> tools one would use to adjust the cpu frequency.

I have used a command line tool with name cpupower on a different
distribution:
$ which  cpupower
/usr/bin/cpupower

Usage:  cpupower [-d|--debug] [-c|--cpu cpulist ] <command> [<args>]
Supported commands are:
        frequency-info
        frequency-set
        idle-info
        idle-set
        set
        info
        monitor
        help

That is a standard linux utility so should be available to install, likely
is installed already.  I think the debian package is named linux-cpupower:
$ apt-cache search cpupower
linux-cpupower - CPU power management tools for Linux

I do not know about any graphical tools.

--
Chris Caudle