[LAU] Ubuntustudio and frequency scaling

Mac macdroid53 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:41:00 CEST 2018

So, I was running a old version of Ardour on ubuntustudio 16.04.

I updated to Ardour 5.1.2.

When the Ardour install file (.run) ran it warned me that I should turn off
frequency scaling.

After some googling it appears UBS doesn't ship with any of the typical
tools one would use to adjust the cpu frequency.

Most of the search results talk about installing gnome applets and other
stuff.

Seem to me a distro that is targeted at such cpu intense usage would have
facilities to manage this.

So, before I go off on an apt spree, I figured I ask if I'm missing
something.

Regards,
Mac