[LAU] Ubuntustudio and frequency scaling

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jun 7 19:59:37 CEST 2018

On Thu, 2018-06-07 at 13:40 -0400, Mac wrote:
> Lucky you...it just finished and it borked the password file...I can't login. :(

Boot Ubuntu from an Ubuntu flavour live DVD.

Open a terminal and run

sudo apt update
sudo apt install systemd-container

Open the file browser and mount the install's root directory partition,
then change into the root directory, but first get administrative
privileges.

sudo -i
cd /media/foo/bar

Replace "/media/foo/bar" by the correct mount point.

To set new passwords for root (su) and/or a user, especially the first
user (sudo) run

systemd-nspawn passwd username_or_root

Replace "username_or_root" by "root" or your (first) user's name
(without quotes).