[LAU] Some disturbing news

holger at dehnhardt.org holger at dehnhardt.org
Thu Jun 7 22:20:59 CEST 2018

I missed the discussion in the last days and was on the one hand surprised how lively it was conducted, on the other hand I am missing one point completely (or I did not notice it): If we leave aside the discussion about Open Source versus Closed Source, the question of choice remains. Because if good ideas are always bought up by the same companies without problems - regardless of whether they want to make a profit or eliminate a competitor, this restricts our options. That's a point I don't like - no matter if Google, Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP or whoever buys other innovative companies, in the end it results in a fight between two or three companies and not only many innovative ideas are crushed, but often enough also the portability between systems.